This is Why the Day of the Dead Festival May Be Better Than Halloween.
Halloween has just passed and I”m sure everyone enjoyed the festivities and candy. What a lot of people don”t know, though, is that the Mexican holiday of Dia de Muertos, or Day of the Dead, also passed over the weekend. Many Americans might not know about this holiday, but it is gaining popularity in the States recently. This is why next year you should maybe try to celebrate the Day of the Dead as an alternative to Halloween, or maybe even in conjunction with Halloween.
1. You can make beautiful artwork on your face.
2. If you don”t have time for the make up, you can wear a mask.
3. You can make a statement with your costume.
4. It can be a couple”s activity.
5. You can look pretty sexy.
6. It isn”t just for one day. The Day of the Dead celebration is October 31, November 1, and November 2.
7. You can add some flair to your costume.
8. You can make an elaborate costume that is also incredibly badass.
9. You can get married.
10. Celebrities get in on the action.
11. It”s a family activity.
12. It is meant to pay homage to all of the deceased in your life.
13. It can double as your Halloween costume.
14. You can still dress as an animal if you want as well.
15. You can step outside of your own culture and experience something different.
16. You can get your car involved.
17. It”s just as scary looking as Halloween, if not more.
Next year, give The Day of the Dead a whirl and see if you like it. If you”re feeling really ballsy, you should go down to Mexico and have an authentic experience.